CHANGE IN SCHEDULE:
The regularly scheduled meeting in March has been changed. The new meeting date is set for MARCH 6TH, 2018.
Thank you for voting:
Thank you to everyone who voted in this year's election.
With a government elected by its citizens and that effects every aspect of our lives from schools to health care to homeland security, voting is an important right in our society. By voting, you are making your voice heard and registering your opinion on how you think the government should operate.
The Tod Township Trustees would like to thank everyone for helping make this year’s cemetery clean-up successful.
rules and regulations.
Also known as Oceola Methodist Episcopal Cemetery.
On the south side of Lincoln Highway, behind the Oceola Garage, approximately 1000 feet east of Marion-Melmore Road
(County Highway 1).
We are currently creating a new entrance on the east side of the Oceola Garage the will make accessing this cemetery much easier.
Thank you for your patience.
Also known as United Brethren Cemetery.
On the east side of Marion-Melmore Road (County Highway 1) approximately 0.3 mile south of Lincoln Highway.
On the west side of Marion-Melmore Road (County Highway 1) approximately 1/4 mile south of Lincoln Highway.
- FLORAL TRIBUTES
- Flower beds may be planted only on the grave side of the monument or marker. Beds shall not extend beyond the length of the marker or be wider than 8”. Planting of live plants will be permitted between individual markers on the same lot, however, plantings or floral beds will not be permitted in the center of the lot. Any plantings not properly cared for will be removed.
- Plantings shall be limited to small annuals such as geraniums or other upright plants. Crocus, tulips, and hyacinths may be planted in the flower beds in the fall.
- No hardy plants such as peonies, rose bushes, iris, or chrysanthemums will be permitted. If such a planting is found, the township reserves the right to remove same.
- No planting or sinking of pots at grass level markers or at baby graves will be permitted.
- If a flower bed is not desired, a maximum of two planted 12” pots will be permitted at a monument or marker. These are to be placed at the front side or ends of a memorial or on a portion of the monument or marker.
- One floral urn will be permitted if it is placed at the front side or ends of the memorial. Urns more than eight inches wide shall be placed at the end of the monument or marker.
- Cut flowers must be placed in approved cemetery containers.
- Any statues shall be attached to a monument or marker.
- TREES AND SHRUBS
- Plantings of a tree or trees at various locations in the cemetery in memory of a loved one are permitted with the approval of the Township Trustees.
- Approved lot plantings of shrubbery or bushes become the sole responsibility of the lot owner and the township reserves the right to remove any and all plantings not properly cared for or plantings that are allowed to grow over adjoining lots or walkways.
- OTHER MEMORIAL TRIBUTES
- Monument saddles are permitted all season.
- Grave blankets are permitted November 1 to April 1.
- Evergreen arrangements (2) are permitted November 1 to April 1.
- Wreaths (2) are permitted November 1 to April 1.
- Wreaths which are part of the floral offering at the time of internment will be permitted the balance of that current season or until routine clean-up time, which will not be less than 14 days.
- Routine annual clean-up is set for April 1 each year. All materials to be salvaged shall be removed by this date.
- Flagstaffs are considered permanent tributes.
- MEMORIAL AND MARKERS
- All memorials shall be set on durable foundations. Orders for foundations shall be paid for in advance to the Township, including the cost of materials and labor for the foundation and an inspection fee of $25.00. Payment shall be made to the Township Fiscal Officer prior to commencement of this work.
- Memorials shall be set level, square with the corners of the lot and grouted with a proper mixture of sand and cement. Top soil shall be placed around the memorial base to hide the joint between the foundation and stone.
- Dimensions of memorials shall not exceed the following:
- Single graves: 2’-8” long, 1’-2” wide.
- Double Graves: 4’-6” long, 1’-2” wide.
- Triple Graves: 6’-0” long, 1’-2” wide.
- The foundation shall be a minimum of 36” depth and 3” on each side larger than size of the memorial that rests upon it.
- All granite or other stone used for memorials shall be durable and of good quality.
- No marble will be permitted for a memorial or marker.
- Lettering on memorials and markers shall be cut to the proper depth and raised or incised without artificial coloring.
- Carving shall be in good taste and without artificial coloring of any kind.
- Dealers of monuments must check grave sites of their customers at the cemetery to determine correct burial arrangement.
- Temporary or wooden markers shall be removed within 6 months of internment.
- SCHEDULE OF RATES
- Burial fee for adult grave: $400.00
- Burial fee for infant grave: $200.00
- Burial fee for cremation grave: $150.00
- Full grave lot (8 grave sites) $3,200.00 (2 grave sites minimum)
- One grave site (limited selection): $400.00
- Monument foundation: Time and material as determined by current material prices and wage rates:
- All the above rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- No burials are permitted on Sundays or holidays.
- Visitors are permitted in the cemetery during daylight hours only.
- Ashes from cremations are not to be spread over any part of the grounds.
- Dogs, horses or other animals are not permitted in the cemetery at any time.
- Unlicensed or recreational type vehicles are not permitted on the grounds.
- The Tod Township Trustees are not liable for anything placed on any grave by the lot owner or other persons.
- All burials shall be made using an approved metal or concrete top seal vault.
- Burial of animals or pets of any kind is prohibited.
- Discharge of firearms or explosives, other than for a funeral ceremony, is prohibited.
For more information, contact the Tod Township Trustees
You may want to Download a copy of these rules